Monday, December 14, 2009

Deer's feet


“He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places.” Psalm 18:33

Have you ever seen how deer make their way up the mountainside? They have hooves that are shaped perfectly to fit in those tiny grooves so that they don’t slip, and this gives them the edge over other animals (ie bears).

I have never seen a bear skipping up the mountainside. There are days (unfortunately a lot) when I feel like I have bears feet, but then I have to remember that God has given me the ability to climb skillfully up to the high places where the view is clear, the sun is shining and the storm clouds are beneath me.

How amazing that he MAKES our feet like the feet of deer. I am fully equipped to skip in bounds and leap all the way to the majestic places He has prepared for me.
The best thing is we are not on our own in this. We not only have ‘hind’s feet’ - hand fashioned by the Creator of the universe - but He SETS us on our high places. We just have to trust that He knows His way up. He knows the secret paths that are hidden by foliage and rocks (all those bad things in life) which all need to be cleared away and revealed so we can see what was always there.

We are not only helped up the heights by God onto the hilltops, with our amazing deer-like feet, but we also are made to WALK on them! To move forward once we are there. It just keeps getting better! Whatever obstacles you have been facing, let this remind you that you have everything you need to climb up and rise above them.

Notice we all have our own hills. (It's MY high place - not yours!) That says to me that it is good not to live in comparison with eachother's high places. We have all been created for an individual climb that is as fantastic and challenging as the other.

Who truly knows how hard & rocky each journey to one's high place is?
Only God and you.
One thing I know is that the journey is almost impossible unless you have been blessed with hinds feet.

It would be weird if all God’s girls had hoofed feet, so thankfully we still have five beautiful toes to wiggle around, but God has given us everything we need to run our race in life towards our high hills.

The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility] Hab 3:19

Read this through a few times and you realise the vastness of this incredible promise from God.

He is my invincible army. One meaning of invincible I found is worth repeating.. incapable of being defeated; unconquerable. How cool! It doesn't matter what is thrown at us - in the end we are the victors. We win! I love that.

I love that He is involved in my walk, in my steps, and I am not alone. I may not have the strength to run a faith marathon just yet, and I can take little steps with my amazing deer feet, and He will see to it that I reach my destination and cross the finish line.

1 comment: