Monday, December 7, 2009

thoughts on being mum


Being a mum is one of the best ever things that has happened to me.
I have five beautiful children who I love SO much. I think every mum could say that but I am biased and think mine are so amazing. I have four boys and one girl. They range from six to seventeen. 100 years ago I would have been one of those mums with ten kids hiding under her billowing skirts.

My favourite place is home and believe it or not I love hanging out the washing! It's where I talk to God, talk to the chickens and myself! I love watching the clouds and the sky and there is something about the wind whipping wet clothes around that brings you back to the heart and soul of family.

I was one of those mums who were scared out of my head and didn't have a clue what to buy for or what to do with a baby. I had never changed a nappy in my life and when my son came home from hospital I would sit up and watch his little chest rise and fall to make sure he was still alive. My brain nearly exploded with worry at the responsibility of keeping this little person alive until he was ready to pack his bags and walk out the door to start his own life.

And now he is almost 18!

Child no 5 was not as stressed over and I have to say there were many forgotton milestones.
I was making the dinner one night when my five year old discovered my baby boy had two new teeth. Something I already should have known!
Needless to say his baby book is a little emptier than my first son...and yes I feel guilty, but I'm sure when he is of age he will very much know that he is loved & adored by us all.

So its late and my eyes are hanging out of my head.
And I love being a mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment